•Get tips on how to save water in the bathroom.
•Find products that benefit the environment.
Even though 70 percent of the earth's surface is covered by water, less than one percent is suitable for consumption. With the earth's population continuing to rise, it is critical that we get smarter about how we use our supply of potable water. The good news is that we all can make a difference just by making a few small changes to our daily habits.
When it comes to saving water in the bathroom, a few small steps can make a big difference. Consider these tips for reducing your water consumption every day.
1. Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth, and rinse out the sink when you’re finished.
2. Capture shower/bath water while waiting for water to change temperatures: This excess water can be used for watering plants.
3. Don’t wait for the water to get hot before filling the tub for a bath. Put in the plug and adjust the water temperature as the tub fills.
4. Avoid using the toilet as a garbage can: Only flush the toilet when disposing of sanitary waste.
5. Turn off the water while shaving: Fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of water to rinse your razor.
Along with water-saving habits, there are many bathroom products that can help you conserve in the washroom. By saving water with select products, you may be able to include a luxurious custom shower or two-person soaking bath and still be water-conscious.When searching for the right water-saving toilet, look for the WaterSenseSM label. All of Kohler's High-Efficiency Toilets (HETs) carry the WaterSense label to help make your search easy.
HETs save up to 16,500 gallons of water each year over less efficient toilets, and come with a variety of flushing technologies, including pressure-assist and Dual Flush.
If you're outfitting a contemporary-design bathroom, consider a Rêve™, Saile® or Fountainhead™ toilet. If you're looking for something more traditional or transitional, the Cimarron® and Kelston™ models are water-savers in classic style.
New water-saving products and technologies make it easy to conserve water in the shower without sacrificing comfort. Kohler's low-flow showerheads and handshowers reduce water flow by up to 20 percent while maintaining consistent performance and temperature.
The DTV™ showering system offers preset options to help conserve water in a custom shower. Users can set their shower time and flow rates to customize their water-saving settings to suit their needs.
Get more information on water-saving products.
Help us donate to Habitat for Humanity; take our quiz.
Get more water-saving ideas; watch video.